Elder Dillon Haughton 32nd Letter from Thailand
This week we had a huge activity at the park Catujak for all the new members which was a lot of fun highlights were taking an army bus to the park and back and people digging threw noodles and chicken feet to get 5 bath haha. Rained this Sunday we were going out to find a ride back home from church I give Elder Thanawut the umbrella and he says “what about you?” I say “ummm I’m a falug” (because Thai people believe if rain touches there head they get sick) but foreigners there okay haha he just laughed and we walked out into the rain.
My year marks this next week. The 7th I think. Another year I’ll be home but before that there’s a ton to do haha. People cant believe I’ve been out for a year they might just be saying that but I take it as a compliment. Life’s not easy but its fun 🙂 its going by like a music video almost with all the laughing, taking pictures, teaching, trials, smiles and almost poetic life lessons being learned.
1. Year mark lessons learned: Don’t spend money you don’t have
2. Don’t make someone do something you want to do, make what you want to do something they want to do.
3. I’ll try mean’s, I’m not going to do it.
4. Memory is the best photo album.
5. Thai is a freakin hard language.
6. Something’s can last forever, its about figuring out what will and investing time in that.
7. The only easy day was yesterday.
8. Staying up all night laughing sometimes leaves you more rested
9. That you don’t know what you got till its gone…… if you stupid
10. Blonde hair rocks!
11. Balance is important, but its more important when your on a plank crossing a shark tank
12. There’s nothing good about goodbye so say see you later!!
13. Jesus Christ is the savior of the entire world!!
14. Don’t be afraid of change! Slap change in the face and say change! Yes that’s written correctly
15. I love music
16. Never send gifts to people, send love, instead its cheeper 🙂
17. Giving up is easy until tomorrow when you’ve come to your senses
18. I love my family, my God, my Savior 🙂
19. Being a missionary is great 🙂
I love you family 🙂
See ya in a year!